Let’s look back!! Before we set new goals for 2014, it’s SO important to look back and acknowledge our accomplishments and experiences of 2013. Why?? It REALLY reminds us about how far we have actually come….shows us how overall we are moving forward….even when we think we are stuck. Even if you’ve been through challenging times this year…you grew. You found out what you won’t stand for anymore or maybe realized what is most important to you.
So here are some questions that I personally answer in a journal at the end of every year that help guide me in reflecting back so that I can find the strength for moving forward. I encourage you to do the same…hope it works for you as well! Here are the questions I’d like to share with you to think about:
1. What new friendships have you made? What family bonds have you stregthened?
2. How have you been there for your children?
3. Did you take any action this year about eating healthy and exercising? Take any new classes?
4.What have you accomplished in your work? If you own a business, what steps did you take to make it grow?
5. What have you done finacially? Is there anything you were able to pay off? Did you set a new budget?
6. What creative projects did you work on?
7. What new things have you learned/started?
8. How have you served others?
9. Did you organize anything in your house this year?
10. Did you complete something you are proud of?
11. What challenges did you have the strength to live through? How has it made you grow as a person?
12. What have you done spiritually for yourself? For others?
13. Was this a year of stability, growth, transition or change for you? What resources did you have to access from inside yourself to make it happen?
14. Who have you become as a person this year based on all that you have expeienced this year?
15. What’s the number one belief that you will bring into 2014 based on what you experienced in 2013?
It’s funny…no matter what we go through, life keeps going, it doesn’t wait for us…it pushes us along whether we are ready or not. So TRUST that where you are right now in December of 2013 is EXACTLY where you are supposed to be. It is the PERFECT place from which to springboard into 2014 and attract everything you have ever imagined! You have all the experiences under your belt that you were supposed to have this past year to get you to where you want to be in 2014! A whole new year awaits for you…a blank slate…New Beginnings! New possibilities! New energies! New relationships! New experiences! New creations!
I’ll be watching the NYC ball drop on TV with my closest family and friends with a glass of champagne welcoming in the new year…letting go of what has to be let go of and living in the energy of a fresh start in whatever area I choose 🙂 And being grateful for God’s guidance in it all 🙂
I wish you love, peace and abundance in this new year and every year! 10! 9! 8! 7! 6! 5! 4! 3! 2! 1! HAPPYYYYY NEWWWWW YEARRRRR!!!!!!
COOL QUOTE ALERT !!
“Cheers to a new year and another chance to get it right!” -Oprah
“Celebrate endings…for they proceede new beginnings.” -Jonathan Lockward Huie
“And now we welcome in the new year, full of things that have never been.” -Rainer Maria Rilke
“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending” -Maria Robinson
“Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” – Dr.Matin Luther King, Jr.
Thank you for coming along with me this year and letting me share my thoughts with you through my blogs 🙂 I hope they inititated some of the empowering feelings you have been looking for…you deserve the best 🙂
With crazy love and gratitude!
Donna 🙂 xoxo